Welcome to the ultimate guide for naming your adorable new female rabbit! Finding that perfect name to match your bunny’s spunky personality can be a fun challenge. Get ready for a list of 100 pawsome name ideas ranging from cute and sweet to downright hilarious. We’ve gathered female rabbit names inspired by pop culture, nature, foods, behaviors and more. From elegant goddess names to silly nicknames like Captain Flopsalot, you’re sure to find the ideal moniker for your pet doe. Let’s hop to it and explore fabulous names for your fabulous rabbit!
What Makes a Good Name for a Female Rabbit (Doe Rabbit)?
When choosing a name for your female rabbit, you'll want to pick something fitting for her personality and appearance. Female rabbits, also called does, tend to be social, affectionate and energetic. They make wonderful pets and naming them is part of the fun of welcoming a new bunny into your home.
Consider choosing a short 1-2 syllable name that will be easy for your rabbit to recognize. You'll be saying her name often when interacting with her! Names with "y" sounds tend to get a rabbit's attention.
Since does are often playful and mischievous, funny or sassy names can capture a female rabbit's spunky spirit. Cute names and terms of endearment are also popular choices for pet does.
Get creative and choose a unique name that suits your rabbit's individual personality and physical traits. Observe her behaviors and see what name ideas come to you. The name you choose will become a special part of your relationship with your beloved pet rabbit.
Rabbit Names for Females
Here are 100 adorable, funny and clever name ideas for your female rabbit:
Most Popular Female Rabbit Names
When picking a name for your female rabbit, you may want to go with something popular and timeless. Here are some of the most common names for does:
Many of these charming and feminine names have been favorites for pet does over the years. While they are popular choices, they are still cute options for your bunny.
Female Rabbit Names Based on Behavior
Observing your new rabbit's personality and behaviors can give you ideas for the perfect name. Here are name suggestions based on some typical bunny behaviors:
- Hopper – for an energetic, jump happy doe
- Binky – for a rabbit who does joyful leaps and twists
- Velvet – for a soft, gentle and sweet doe
- Thumper – for a rabbit who taps her strong hind feet loudly
- Nibbles – for a rabbit who gently gnaws and mouths objects
- Cuddles – for an affectionate snuggling rabbit
- Pushy – for a bold and assertive female rabbit
- Trouble – for a mischievous and sneaky doe
- Diggy – for a rabbit who digs at carpet and furniture
- Curious – for an investigative, inquisitive bunny
- Chewy – for a rabbit who chews everything in sight
- Kisses – for an extra affectionate doe who licks her owners
Cute Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Religion and Mythology
Draw naming inspiration for your female rabbit from religious and mythological sources. Here are some cute ideas with spiritual or magical meanings:
- Athena – Greek goddess of wisdom
- Freya – Norse goddess of love and beauty
- Luna – Roman goddess of the moon
- Aphrodite – Greek goddess of love and beauty
- Iris – Greek goddess of the rainbow
- Maya – Hindu concept of illusion
- Karma – Hindu/Buddhist concept of cause and effect
- Angel – Heavenly messenger
- Blessing – Gift from God
- Faith – Complete trust or confidence
- Destiny – Event fixed in the future
- Miracle – Extraordinary event attributed to divine intervention
- Divine – Proceeding from God
- Trinity – Christian concept of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Esther – Jewish queen who saved her people
- Ruth – Loyal woman of the Bible
- Eden – Biblical garden of paradise
- Grace – Unmerited divine assistance
Girl Rabbit Names from Foreign Languages
Give your female rabbit a beautiful exotic name from a foreign language. Here are some pretty options and their meanings:
- Amore – Italian for "love"
- Bijou – French for "jewel"
- Bonita – Spanish for "pretty"
- Cherie – French for "darling"
- Liebling – German for "darling"
- Kiev – Russian city name
- Konnichiwa – Japanese for "hello"
- Kawaī – Japanese for "cute"
- Mimi – French for "little darling"
- Oui Oui – French for "yes yes"
- Petit – French for "little"
- Soleil – French for "sun"
- Sophie – Greek for "wisdom"
- Yuki – Japanese for "snow"
Rabbit Names for a Girl Inspired by Pop Culture
Name your female rabbit after a favorite character from movies, TV, books or video games. Here are some pop culture inspired ideas:
- Alice – main character from Alice in Wonderland
- Arya – character from Game of Thrones
- Bellatrix – Harry Potter villain
- Buffy – main character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Dorothy – main character in The Wizard of Oz
- Daisy – character from Mario franchise
- Elsa – character in Frozen
- Hermione – character in Harry Potter
- Katniss – main character in The Hunger Games
- Leia – character in Star Wars
- Lara – main character in Tomb Raider
- Luna – character in Harry Potter
- Minnie – girlfriend of Mickey Mouse
- Nancy – main character from Stranger Things
- Pikachu – character from Pokemon
- Ripley – character in Alien film series
- Xena – main character in Xena: Warrior Princess
Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Famous People
Name your bunny after a famous woman you admire. Here are some ideas inspired by notable actresses, singers, artists and historical figures:
- Rosa – after civil rights activist Rosa Parks
- Marilyn – after actress Marilyn Monroe
- Audrey – after actress Audrey Hepburn
- Judy – after actress/singer Judy Garland
- Lana – after singer Lana Del Rey
- Billie – after singer Billie Eilish
- Ella – after singer Ella Fitzgerald
- Frida – after artist Frida Kahlo
- Grace – after Grace Kelly, actress and princess
- Marie – after Marie Curie, scientist
- Amelia – after Amelia Earhart, aviation pioneer
- Greta – after activist Greta Thunberg
- Malala – after education activist Malala Yousafzai
- Serena – after tennis star Serena Williams
- Josephine – after Josephine Baker, entertainer
Names for Female Rabbits Based on Appearance
If your bunny has distinctive physical features, choose a name that fits her looks. Here are some name ideas based on a rabbit's appearance:
- Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail – for lop-eared bunnies
- Snowball, Snowflake – for white or albino colored rabbits
- Ebony, Midnight – for black or dark colored rabbits
- Patches, Spot, Dot – for spotted rabbits
- Velvet, Satin – for soft, silky furred bunnies
- Fluffy, Cottonball – for long-haired rabbits
- Speckles – for a spotted rabbit
- Jewel – for glossy furred rabbits that shine
- Tiny – for dwarf breed rabbits
- Thumper – for rabbits with large strong hind feet
Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Nature
Nature is full of great naming inspiration for your female bunny. Consider these cute plant, food and nature themed names:
Daisy, Buttercup, Rose, Tulip, Poppy, Violet, Iris, Lily, Dahlia, Fern, Willow, Olive, Iris, Magnolia, Juniper, Acorn, Peach, Cherry Blossom
Honey, Maple, Sugar, Cocoa, Caramel, Cupcake, Marshmallow, Biscuit, Cookie, Candy, Cinnamon, Toffee, Pumpkin, Peanut
Luna, Stella, Aurora, Sky, Raindrop, Raven, Wren, Cricket, Eclipse, Stormy, Dawn, Sunset, Dewdrop
Earth, River, Ocean, Sandy, Forest, Meadow, Autumn, Misty, Cloud, Rainbow
Pair of Female Rabbit Names
If you have two does, choose cute paired names for your rabbits:
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Lucy and Ethel
- Millie and Tillie
- Ginger and Sage
- Romeo and Juliet
- Lucy and Ricky
- Ren and Stimpy
- Darla and Darlene
- Thelma and Louise
- Peggy and Dot
- Alice and Wonderland
- Ying and Yang
- Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus
- Lennon and McCartney
- Chip and Dale
- Pippi and Poppi
Cute and Silly Girl Rabbit Names
Give your rabbit a funny or cute name that will make you smile. Here are silly and adorable ideas:
- Princess Fluffbottom
- Captain Flopsalot
- Madame Snugglewumps
- Lady Wiggleton
- Queen Binkybuns
- Empress Nibblesnot
- Admiral Hopscotch
- General Flufferbean
- Lieutenant Nosewiggle
- Princess Cotton Tail
- Queen Fuzzy Butt
- Duchess Booplesnoot
- Baroness Fluffington
- Madame Butterpuff
- Countess Wrinkleface
- Lady Big Ears
- Dame Nibblekins
- Marquesa Twitchynose
Those are 100 cute, funny, clever and adorable female rabbit names. With so many wonderful options to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect fit for your pet doe's personality and appearance. After you bring her home, observe her closely as you get to know her. The right bunny name for your new friend is out there just waiting to be discovered!