Looking for the perfect name for your new bunny boy? Naming your new rabbit friend is an exciting chance to capture his cute, quirky personality. But with so many potential name options, where do you begin? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this comprehensive guide, we’ve gathered 100 adorable, funny, and creative male rabbit names from every imaginable source. From classic rabbit names, to punny pop culture references, to foreign language names with exotic flair, we have scoured every corner of culture and myth to curate the ultimate big list. Get ready to meet your new furry friend as we present the best, punniest, and most timeless male rabbit names just waiting for your new bunny boy!
What Makes a Good Male Pet Rabbit Name?
When choosing a name for your new male rabbit friend, there are a few things to keep in mind. The perfect name should be cute, clever, easy to say, and suit your rabbit's unique personality.
A short 1-2 syllable name is ideal so your bunny can learn it quickly. You'll be saying it a lot during training and playtime! Avoid names that sound too similar to common commands like "no" or "down" to avoid confusion.
Consider naming your male rabbit after something he loves – whether it's a favorite treat, movie character, or activity. This will make the name more meaningful. For instance, if he goes crazy over bananas, perhaps Banana or Mr. Nanner would be fitting.
You can also choose names based on his appearance like Fluffy, Thumper, or Speedy. Or opt for human names that are cute and quirky for a rabbit, like Winston, Oliver, or Bruno.
If you have kids, let them be involved in choosing or voting on potential names. This helps them bond with the new addition to your family. Just make sure they understand the name should be kind and respectful.
Whatever you choose, pick a name that brings a smile to your face and fits your boy bunny's personality to a tee!
Most Popular Male Rabbit Names
If you're stuck on deciding the perfect name, you can never go wrong with a tried and true classic male rabbit name. Here are some of the most popular and common names bunny owners love:
- Thumper – The famous rabbit from Bambi
- Peter – As in Peter Rabbit, the classic Beatrix Potter character
- Bunnicula – The vampire bunny from children's books
- Bugs – As in the iconic Bugs Bunny cartoon rabbit
- Jack – A common human name perfect for a male rabbit
- Oreo – Inspired by the black & white cookie if he's got that coloring
- Flops or Flopsey – Cute names for lop-eared bunnies
- Fluffy – For extra furry rabbits
- Velveteen – After the Velveteen Rabbit children's book
- Benjamin or Benji – Traditional cute human names
You really can't go wrong picking from popular, well-loved male rabbit names like these.
Names for Male Rabbits Based on Appearance
One of the easiest places to start when naming your male rabbit is right in front of you – his appearance! Here are some name ideas based on common rabbit looks:
- Snowball or Snowy – For white or mostly white fur
- Midnight – For black or very dark fur
- Speckles – If he has spotted fur
- Patch or Patches – For patched coloring
- Dusty or Dustball – Light brown/gray fur
- Shadow – Dark fur bunny
- Lightning – If he has a zig-zag pattern in his fur
- Cotton – Soft, fluffy white fur
- Radar – Big tall ears that stand up
- Thumper – For rabbits with big powerful hind legs
- Lop or Lopsie – For lop-eared bunnies
- Dumbo – Extra large, floppy ears
- Little Foot – Smaller breed of rabbit
- Whiskers – Long, prominent whiskers
- Velvet – Plush, velvety soft fur
The possibilities are endless if you get creative with names inspired by how your handsome boy bunny looks.
Boy Rabbit Names from Myths and Legends
Myths, folk tales, and legends are filled with memorable rabbit characters and stories to inspire a name with deeper meaning:
- Aesop – The famous Greek storyteller who used animals characters in his fables
- Br'er – As in Br'er Rabbit from African-American folktales
- Anansi – The clever spider from West African tales that often outwitted Rabbits
- El-ahrairah – Mythical Rabbit folk hero in Watership Down
- Radagast – A wizard in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth who could communicate with animals
- Eostre – Anglo-Saxon goddess of Spring associated with rabbits and eggs
- Thor – The Norse god who rode in a chariot pulled by giant rabbits
- Jade Rabbit – The rabbit on the moon in Asian folklore who makes elixirs
- Nanabozho – A mischevious rabbit from Native American legends
- The White Rabbit – memorable character in Alice in Wonderland
- Bucky – The heroic rabbit from the nuclear apocalypse comic book series Usagi Yojimbo
Choose a name from mythology that suits your little hero or rascal.
Names for Boy Rabbits Taken from Foreign Languages
Male rabbit names from other languages add exotic flair:
- Amigo – Spanish for "friend"
- Lapin – French word for rabbit
- Hip-Hop or Hip Hop – "Rabbit" in French
- Kelinci – The Indonesian word for "bunny"
- Coniglio – "Rabbit" in Italian
- Krolik – "Bunny" in Russian
- Królik – "Rabbit" in Polish
- Kani – Japanese for "rabbit"
- Tu – Chinese word for "rabbit"
- Mochi – A Japanese rice cake; also a cute name for a plump rabbit
- Peta – "Hop" in Indonesian
- Usagi – "Rabbit" in Japanese
- Hasu – Japanese for "Lily", a pretty name for a rabbit
- Nesquik – After the chocolate bunny in the French chocolate drink commercials
Pick your favorite word for rabbit or bunny in another language for a worldly, cosmopolitan name.
Male Bunny Names Based on Books and Movies
Some great male rabbit name inspiration can come from favorite books, TV shows, or movies featuring memorable rabbits or rabbit-like characters:
- Mr. Tumnus – The faun from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
- Hazel – The brave hero from Watership Down
- Bigwig – Also from Watership Down
- Rabbi – The mouse character from Arthur
- Mr McGregor – The farmer in Peter Rabbit
- Bilbo – The hobbit has big furry feet like a rabbit
- Bini – One of the cute bunnies from the Mushroom House kids' books
- Velveteen – As in The Velveteen Rabbit
- Uncle Wiggly – From the children's book series
- Harvey – The pooka invisible rabbit friend from the movie of the same name
- Frank – after Donnie Darko's creepy rabbit mask sidekick
- Jazz – The cool gray rabbit from Stuart Little
- Thumper – The bunny from Bambi
- Mr. Bunnsy – Beatrix Potter's rabbit gentleman
- Mr. Tod – The fox from The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
- General Woundwort – The vicious rabbit chieftan from Watership Down
- Rabbit – Winnie the Pooh's timid friend
Fictional rabbits can provide the inspiration you need for the perfect literary name.
Fun Puns Based on Famous People’s Names
Giving your male rabbit a funny pun name based on a celebrity, historical figure or fictional character can be cute and quirky:
- Brad Bunny or Bunny Pitt – After actor Brad Pitt
- Barry Rabbit – Politician Barack Obama's rabbit alias
- Hoppac Shakur – Rapper Tupac Shakur
- Sir Hops-a-lot – Medieval knight Sir Lancelot
- Captain James Tiberius Harek – Star Trek's Captain Kirk
- Indianna Joans – Famous archaeologist Indiana Jones
- Harry Hopper and the Sorcerer's Stone – Harry Potter
- Crouching Bunny, Hidden Dragon – Kung Fu movie title
- Mr. Beethoven – Famous classical composer Ludwig van Beethoven
- Pablo Bunnycasso – Surrealist painter Pablo Picasso
- Jimmy Chew – American president Jimmy Carter who was a peanut farmer
- Peter Cotton-tail – After folk singer Peter Yarrow's hit song
- Hopper W. – Painter Bob Ross' TV show "The Joy of Painting"
Naming your rabbit after a famous person or fictional character in a humorous way can be really fun.
Names Inspired by the Behavior of Male Rabbits
Watch your new rabbit closely during the first few weeks at home and choose a name based on his personality quirks:
- Nibbles – Gentle nibbling on everything in sight
- Diggy or Digger – Rabbits who love burrowing and digging
- Velcro – Sticks close by your side
- Shadow – Follows you everywhere
- Einstein – Displays intelligence and curiosity
- Runner – Zooms around really fast
- Kicks – Tendency to kick up his heels happily
- Thumper – Thumps his strong back feet excitedly
- Jumper or Jumpin' Jack – Loves hopping high
- Cuddles – Snuggles up for pets
- Grumpus – Occasional grouchy moods
- Gentle – Sweet, calm nature
- Ticks – Twitches nose often
- Flops – Champion napper
- Trouble – Naughty, mischievous personality
- Nosey – Has to stick his nose in everything
- Cranky – Occasional crabby mood
- Nibbler – Enjoys nibbling and gently biting things
- Whiskers – Constantly twitching his long whiskers
- Sir Hops-a-lot – Loves leaping and jumping around
Choose a name that matches his traits and it will perfectly capture your bond.
Boy Rabbit Names Inspired by Food and Drink
Rabbits love to eat, so why not name your bunny after his favorite foods or treats? Some tasty name ideas:
- Carrot – Classic rabbit treat
- Peanut – For rabbits who go nuts for peanuts
- Cashew – A cute nutty name
- Pebbles – As in Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Marshmallow – Fluffy and white
- Graham – A cute food name for a rabbit
- Oreo – For black & white spotted rabbits
- Chip – Cute name for a tiny male rabbit
- Latte – Warm brown coloring
- Coco – For chocolate-colored fur
- Peanut – Small and nutty
- Almond – Sweet name for fur coloring
- Walnut – Brown colored rabbit
- Mac – Short for Macintosh apple
- Brie – A tasty French cheese
- Basil – A herb rabbits love
- Pepper – For salt & pepper fur color
- Peaches – Cute fruit names
- Apricot – Warm orangey tone
- Cheddar – Classic cheese rabbits love
- Pickles – Cute food name
Consider your bunny's favorite treats and foods as name inspiration.
Best Names for Male Dwarf Rabbits
Does your new addition have dwarf rabbit blood? Here are some perfect pint-sized names:
- Nugget – Small chunky rabbit
- Keebler – Like the elf who bakes cookies
- Pixie – Magical, tiny creature
- Dash – Fast little guy
- Einstein – Intelligent and petite
- Thimble – Cute sewing notion name
- Cricket – A jumping bug, like a bunny
- Pico – Spanish for "small"
- Peewee – Cute name for a tiny male rabbit
- Patch – Small rabbit with fur patches
- Itty Bitty – Teeny-tiny bunny
- Lil' Bit – Little bitty bun
- Runt – Traditional name for the smallest in a litter
- Tater Tot – Cute tiny food name
- Small Fry – Little Rascal
- Teacup – Fits in the palm of your hand
- Teeny – Itty-bitty rabbit
- Tim – Traditional boy's name, shortened
- Bitsy – Little bitsy male rabbit
Pick a name that celebrates your petite little guy.
Iconic Male Rabbit Pair Names
If you adopt a pair of male rabbits, give them cute themed names:
- Wallace & Gromit – Claymation duo
- Chip & Dale – Disney's chipmunks
- Starsky & Hutch – Detective partners
- Tom & Jerry – Cat and mouse cartoon frenemies
- Penn & Teller – Famous magic duo
- Lewis & Clark – Intrepid explorers
- Buzz & Woody – Toy Story characters
- Hansel & Gretel – Brother and sister fairy tale characters
- Merry & Pippin – Hobbits from Lord of the Rings
- Holmes & Watson – Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick
- Cuff & Link – Paired dress shirt accessories
- Salt & Pepper – Matched spice set
- Peanut Butter & Jelly – Favorite sandwich combo
- Popcorn & Soda – Movie snack time treats
- Yin & Yang – Complementary opposites
Double the fun by giving your two rabbits coordinated names as an adorable pair.